Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » SWT Tree and treeItem errors in design view
SWT Tree and treeItem errors in design view [message #687590] Wed, 22 June 2011 19:54 Go to next message
Sharon Snyder is currently offline Sharon SnyderFriend

2 problems in the design view when creating an eclipse view part with an SWT Tree.

1. Cannot seem to move around tree columns to re-order them, nor can I move around the tree items (or create parent/child relationships) in the tree view of the design editor. Workaround is to go into the code and do it myself.

2. When I create a tree with more tree with more than 8 or 9 columns, I set the text as follows:
treeItem.setText(new String[] {"06/20/2011", "U1776", "(...)", "blah", "(...)", "(...)", "(...)", "(...)", "(...)", "(...)", "more text", "more text2", "blah2"});

and the display in the tree view of the design page shows an error. The only way to select the tree item is to do it in the tree viewer....the one that shows an error.

Just thought I'd post these bugs for someone to log...since I wasn't sure where else to do this.

-Sharon
Re: SWT Tree and treeItem errors in design view [message #687929 is a reply to message #687590] Thu, 23 June 2011 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
1. Moving columns works for me. Tree items can be edited only in components tree, no support for design canvas.

2. I've fixed in trunk one exception related to setText(String[]).

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: SWT Tree and treeItem errors in design view [message #687930 is a reply to message #687929] Thu, 23 June 2011 14:39 Go to previous message
Sharon Snyder is currently offline Sharon SnyderFriend

Wow - thanks for the quick response!

As for the column moving, I usually can do it, but I've got a fairly complex view I'm building - there are a lot of widgets in there....so posting an example will not be easy. I wasn't concerned about that one to be honest.

Thanks for fixing at least the setText([]) bug!

-Sharon
Previous Topic:code generate is strange
Next Topic:why windowbuilder us only unicode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:03:28 GMT 2024