Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Removal of perspective in RCP application
Removal of perspective in RCP application [message #684297] Wed, 15 June 2011 11:33 Go to next message
mallikarjun rampure is currently offline mallikarjun rampureFriend
Hello All,

I have created eclipse RCP application with two perspective. Using the product configuration feature(.product) was able to create the .exe of the product. now the problem is the executable shows multiple perspective (viz.. Java,Java Browsing,Debug, Team synchronizing etc.). I want the product to show the only perspectives which I have added. How can I remove the perspective's which I dont want??
Re: Removal of perspective in RCP application [message #684307 is a reply to message #684297] Wed, 15 June 2011 11:46 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

You are creating a product based on JDT and the eclipse IDE? That's how you end up with all of that.

You can either try activities/capabilities (have a google for that) to make those UI elements invisible, or you can try http://wiki.eclipse.org/Product_Customization to hack the XML out of the other plugins during loading.

activities/capabilities are easier to set up as they just require your plugin.xml contributions (and you need to track down the IDs you want to clear).

product customization is much more powerful, but you need to be careful as you're transforming other plugins' plugin.xml

PW

Previous Topic:How to handle perspective switching
Next Topic:Updating RCP application using Plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:01:36 GMT 2024