Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » can't view objects in remainder
can't view objects in remainder [message #677652] Thu, 09 June 2011 04:37 Go to next message
Andrei Sereda is currently offline Andrei SeredaFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to debug a "concurrent mode failure" with frequent Full GCs in my application which seems to be a classical memory leak problem. Unfortunately I can't start detecting any candidates because the biggest portion of my heap (17.2GB) is the remainder and I can't drill-down. Is there there a way to find the objects in the remainder section (unreachable objects histogram reports only 57M) ?

Thanks for your help,
Andrei.

Re: can't view objects in remainder [message #677707 is a reply to message #677652] Thu, 09 June 2011 08:18 Go to previous message
Krum Tsvetkov is currently offline Krum TsvetkovFriend
You can try looking at the dominator tree (it should be the third button in the toolbar).
If you don't see any sinlge objects which are big, try grouping the objects in the dominator tree by class (look for the "group results by..." button in the toolbar.

Do you mean the remainder on the overview view, or in the leak suspects report? If you haven't tried running the leak suspect report, then give it a try. There should be a link on the overview page.

Let me know if this helps.
Previous Topic:comparing histograms: Retained heap column not working
Next Topic:What does Ref. Object mean in Common Path to the Accumulation Point?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 03:33:54 GMT 2024