Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Headless build without workspace(Headless nightly build without workspace after importing source code from SVN.)
Headless build without workspace [message #676737] Mon, 06 June 2011 11:28 Go to next message
Charu Sharma is currently offline Charu SharmaFriend
Hi,

I want to do headless build, but my requirement is to do without workspace because, i have created a batch file wherein my sources i.e. plugins, features, RCP and product.. Every thing will get copied from SVN to a folder.

I followed the de vogella's tutorial and took his product build.xml file.His way worked good till i have projects in the workspace and are build. But once I take out raw unbuild sources from CVS and give the location of my product in build.xml, export fails.

Can anybody guide me how my problem can be solved.

-Charu
Re: Headless build without workspace [message #676797 is a reply to message #676737] Mon, 06 June 2011 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Skorsky is currently offline Martin SkorskyFriend
For a headless build use an empty (new) workspace. You can set this with the -data command line option. The headless build can fetch the sources from some SVN or CVS repository. They are fetched to the correct place for build, but not to the workspace.
Re: Headless build without workspace [message #676948 is a reply to message #676797] Tue, 07 June 2011 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your guidance. means fby using ant scripts?? Rolling Eyes

Here is what i have done:>

I exported the plugins from SVN to a folder and i am trying to run my build script from command-line.

Here is my build script:

<project default="main">
<property file="build.properties"/>
<target name="main">
<property name="baseLocation" value="${eclipse.home}"/>
<!-- by default, check for deltapack co-located with eclipse -->
<property name="deltapack" value="${eclipse.home}/deltapack/eclipse"/>

<!-- Check that we have a deltapack -->
<available property="haveDeltaPack" file="${deltapack}"/>
<fail unless="haveDeltaPack" message="The deltapack is required to build this product. Please edit buildProduct.xml or set the &quot;deltapack&quot; property." />

<property name="builder" value="${basedir}"/>
<property name="buildDirectory" value="${basedir}/buildDirectory"/>
<property name="pluginPath" value="${basedir}/..${path.separator}${deltapack}" />
<property name="buildTempFolder" value="${buildDirectory}" />

<ant antfile="${eclipse.pdebuild.scripts}/productBuild/productBuild.xml" />

<move todir="D:/current/Exports">
<fileset dir="${buildDirectory}/${buildLabel}" includes="*.zip"/>
</move>

</target>
</project>

Command line is:
java -jar D:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile buildProduct.xml

But it fails by putting this error:

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\charus\Desktop\NightlyBuild\nightlyBuild.script\buildProduct.xml:17: The following error occurred while executing this line:
D:\Softwares\eclipseSVN\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.pde.build_3.5.2.R35x_20100114\scripts\productBuild\productBuild.xml:36: The following error occurred while executing this line:
D:\Softwares\eclipseSVN\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.pde.build_3.5.2.R35x_20100114\scripts\productBuild\productBuild.xml:64: Unable to find feature "com.cdt.debug.ioview.feature" with version in range [3.3.0.005,3.3.0.005].

Wat is going wrong in my script, i cant understand, it works fine till all my plugins and my product is in workspace and are built.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2011 05:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Headless build without workspace [message #677088 is a reply to message #676948] Tue, 07 June 2011 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Skorsky is currently offline Martin SkorskyFriend
The property "baseLocation" should contain the Eclipse to compile against. This has to contain all required features and bundles.
The property eclipse.home usually is the Eclipse, which runs the build.

You have
D:\Softwares\eclipseSVN\eclipse
and
D:\eclipse

Which one contains the required features?
Re: Headless build without workspace [message #677296 is a reply to message #677088] Wed, 08 June 2011 05:14 Go to previous message
I am exporting my plugins and features from SVN to folder D:/current/Exports/Plugins. The complete commandline m giving is:

java -jar D:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile C:\Users\charus\Desktop\NightlyBuild\nightlyBuild.script\buildProduct.xml

Thank you very much I thing now I am going on right track..

-Charu
Previous Topic:disabling plug-in on workspace / runtime start
Next Topic:chmod touchpoint failed with @artifact not substituted in Helios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:20:50 GMT 2024