Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Prevent opening of the Java Stack Trace Console
Prevent opening of the Java Stack Trace Console [message #676177] Fri, 03 June 2011 06:19 Go to next message
Oliver Mannion is currently offline Oliver MannionFriend
I would like to prevent the users of my RCP app from being able to create java stack trace consoles, ie: prevent the Open Console dropdown from showing "Java Stack Trace Console"

Unfortunately org.eclipse.ui.console.consoleFactories extensions do not specify an ID so I can't use activities to disable JavaStackTraceConsoleFactory.

How might I go about removing this element from the UI?

Thanks for your help.
Re: Prevent opening of the Java Stack Trace Console [message #676278 is a reply to message #676177] Fri, 03 June 2011 13:57 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

In this case, one potential option is http://wiki.eclipse.org/Product_Customization

It requires a little setup (and care) but is incredibly flexible.

Basically, your RCP app is providing an XSL stylesheet and you get to modify the plugin.xml before (as) they get loaded. You can make the org.eclipse.ui.console.consoleFactories contribution simply disappear.

PW

Previous Topic:How To send a Business Model opened in Editors in CNF View (Common Navigator Framework)
Next Topic:bundle.getEntry() always returns null
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:05:15 GMT 2024