Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Status of working tree in Repository view
Status of working tree in Repository view [message #675121] Mon, 30 May 2011 11:15 Go to next message
Dmitry Smirnov is currently offline Dmitry SmirnovFriend
Hi,

I'm wondering is there any way to see the status of the working tree (changed/new/etc) files in Repository view? It seems that I have to add a project for this repository prior I have a chance to see status (for example, "Commit" from context menu claims for this)

Also, I see it is not so consistent to allow user seeing a file history in working tree but not the history of working tree (folder) itself. Should I open a bug for this?

Dmitry
Re: Status of working tree in Repository view [message #675366 is a reply to message #675121] Tue, 31 May 2011 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Dmitry Smirnov wrote on Mon, 30 May 2011 07:15

Hi,

I'm wondering is there any way to see the status of the working tree (changed/new/etc) files in Repository view? It seems that I have to add a project for this repository prior I have a chance to see status (for example, "Commit" from context menu claims for this)

Git status is currently not visible in the repository view. You may use the brand new staging view (in nightly build and soon in 1.0) to see status of non-workspace resources.

Quote:

Also, I see it is not so consistent to allow user seeing a file history in working tree but not the history of working tree (folder) itself. Should I open a bug for this?

Yes, this should be fixed, please open a bug for this.
Re: Status of working tree in Repository view [message #675401 is a reply to message #675366] Tue, 31 May 2011 12:08 Go to previous message
Dmitry Smirnov is currently offline Dmitry SmirnovFriend
Quote:

Yes, this should be fixed, please open a bug for this.

Done. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=347772
Previous Topic:How do I commit a staged file
Next Topic:Rebase with dirty working tree shouldn't execute.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:06:42 GMT 2024