Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Win 7 x64 running 32bit apps(I'm running Eclipse J2EE and JDK 32 bit, but Eclipse Can't find)
Win 7 x64 running 32bit apps [message #674681] Fri, 27 May 2011 21:20
Eclipse User is currently offline Eclipse UserFriend
I have setup my Win 7 x64 OS by installing the 32 bit version of the JDK and Eclipse J2EE.

When I do this have created JAVA_HOME and put the jdk bin folder in the path. When I try to launch Eclipse I get an error saying it can't find the JRE or the JDK. It seems to be looking for the JRE in the same path as eclipse is installed.

I can put the -VM with the path in Eclipse.ini and get eclipse to launch, but I also have some custom DLLs that I use in tomcat which I run inside of Eclipse.

So my question is what is different or am I doing wrong? In the past it has seemed that Eclipse is knowledable of the windows PATH variable, but it doesn't seem to be anymore?

In case I wasn't clear, my end desire is to run Eclipse and debug by running Tomcat 6 inside of Eclipse. I have a custom dll that I keep in Tomcat\bin, and I also put it in my PATH, but eclipse does not seem to pick it up.
Previous Topic:Problems with applet Viewer in Eclipse!
Next Topic:JVM terminated. Exit code=13
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:53:08 GMT 2024