Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Code doesn't compile if bundle referencing jars is in the target platform(In Eclipse 3.6.2)
Code doesn't compile if bundle referencing jars is in the target platform [message #673430] Mon, 23 May 2011 15:51 Go to next message
Fabian Baboschi is currently offline Fabian BaboschiFriend
I have the org.tmatesoft.svnkit_1.3.5 plugin in my local target platform.
I have a plugin com.example.svn.implementation in my workspace that uses this plugin's ClientException class.

The problem I have is that ClientException is not found and I have a compilation error saying "ClientException cannot be resolved to a type".

I have no idea what could be wrong. Can anyone point me in the right direction to solving this compilation issue?

Note that if I import the org.tmatesoft.svnkit into the workspace as binary project, then the compilation error magically disappears.

PS: This is not the only plugin with which I had problems, in another case I was able to solve this by removing all the sources from the bundle that was containing jars.
Re: Code doesn't compile if bundle referencing jars is in the target platform [message #673795 is a reply to message #673430] Tue, 24 May 2011 19:09 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
Is the ClientException class inside of a nested jar (i.e. is inside a jar that is inside the com.example.svn.implementation plug-in)?

If so, this is a limitation of Eclipse/PDE that was fixed in late 3.7. JDT does not have the ability to add nested jars to its classpath. If you try a recent build, PDE will extract the jar to a temporary location and add it to the classpath for you. You may still experience issues with exporting as the change was only in PDE UI (pde build, equinox, JDT still have limitations with nested jars).
Previous Topic:Export custom Preferences
Next Topic:Re: Eclipse API comparison tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:22:37 GMT 2024