Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » How can I modify the GEF shapes diagram editor example?
How can I modify the GEF shapes diagram editor example? [message #673193] Sun, 22 May 2011 19:32 Go to next message
Gregoire  is currently offline Gregoire Friend
Hi,

I am starting with GEF so after reading some tutorials, I tried to execute some examples.
I downloaded the GEF examples from Eclipse website and put them in my Eclipse directory. It works, I can use for example the Shapes diagram editor.
What I would like to do is modify some parts of the application but I don't have the source code in my Eclipse project, only one *.shapes file.

My question is how can I import the source code into an Eclipse project to modify it afterwards?

I would like to start with this project: www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-GEF-diagram-editor/shape.html
and then modify some parts of it (my goal is to create a workflow editor).

If anybody has an idea or has an Eclipse project that I can directly import, that would be very helpful.

Thank you very much.

Gregoire

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2011 19:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How can I modify the GEF shapes diagram editor example? [message #673386 is a reply to message #673193] Mon, 23 May 2011 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saurabh  is currently offline Saurabh Friend
You need to download the source of the Shapes Editor Plugin, along with the Plugin itself.

Then, go to to new -> project -> example -> GEF Plugin development, and choose Shapes.

You can now create a new project, with the source code.
Re: How can I modify the GEF shapes diagram editor example? [message #674260 is a reply to message #673386] Thu, 26 May 2011 10:38 Go to previous message
Gregoire  is currently offline Gregoire Friend
Thank you Wink
Previous Topic:[ZEST] Delete the graph to draw another one
Next Topic:Display of ColorPropertyDescriptor in properties view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:50:54 GMT 2024