Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Accessibility of kernel classes
Accessibility of kernel classes [message #671267] Tue, 17 May 2011 10:26 Go to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hello everyone.

For my Virgo based application I would like to use a Virgo class that does the reading of the descriptor file for me. The class is XMLRepositoryCodec (from org.eclipse.virgo.repository-3.0.0.M03.jar) and it is used in virgo_home/lib/kernel.

I have two problems with this:
1) I wonder if classes in the kernel region are visible to the applications in the user region;
2) I have not been able to find a way to access the Virgo classes via Maven, i.e. to locate a suitable Maven repository that distributes them.

Any idea?

TIA,
B.
Re: Accessibility of kernel classes [message #671669 is a reply to message #671267] Wed, 18 May 2011 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

The visibility is controlled using the org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.userregion.properties file in config.

The file currently has imports for:
org.eclipse.virgo.repository;version="0",\
org.eclipse.virgo.repository.*;version="0",\

The Maven repo should be available on http://build.eclipse.org/rt/virgo/maven/bundles/ but I'm afraid the publishing is not switched on.
Re: Accessibility of kernel classes [message #671878 is a reply to message #671669] Thu, 19 May 2011 08:56 Go to previous message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hristo Iliev wrote on Wed, 18 May 2011 17:14

The Maven repo should be available on http://build.eclipse.org/rt/virgo/maven/bundles/ but I'm afraid the publishing is not switched on.

Hi Hristo,

Are there plans to start keeping the Maven repo current and starting to publish?

Cheers,
Joel
Previous Topic:StackOverflowError during import resolution
Next Topic:Problem with migrating bundles to Virgo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:01:56 GMT 2024