Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » JPA Tools -> Entity from Tables(Does not generate any @Id or Foreign key )
icon4.gif  JPA Tools -> Entity from Tables [message #669738] Wed, 11 May 2011 10:27 Go to next message
alexoffspring  is currently offline alexoffspring Friend
Dear all,
i am actually using Dali v 2.3 within Eclipse Helios to create automatically entities from a bunch of tables contained into a Sybase Ver. 9.0 DataBase.

I use the functionality embedded in Dali (JPA Tools -> Entity from Tables) hoping to do the job, but it does not do it correctly.

What i get is that the Entity are created with the right name of tables and columns, but Dali DOES NOT create ANY @Id and @OneToMany or @ManyToOne relationship, even though both information are CORRECTLY configured into the tables definition.

Does Dali support correctly Sybase v 9.0?
Is there any further parameter i need to config for obtaining a 'deeper' investigation of my DB tables?

Any help is appreciated,
--alex
Re: JPA Tools -> Entity from Tables [message #671055 is a reply to message #669738] Mon, 16 May 2011 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
Hi Alex,

It sounds like DTP (the Data Tools provider in Eclipse) isn't correctly picking up the PK and FK constraints from the database. Open up the Data Source Explorer view and navigate into the tables that you are generating. Open the "Columns" node under table and let me know if the PK and FK columns are labeled as such. If not, the problem is with DTP and their handling of the DB version and/or driver. I'll see if I can find any info on DTP and compatibility with Sybase 9.0. You may want to try out some different drivers if possible to see if that will help.

Neil
Re: JPA Tools -> Entity from Tables [message #671059 is a reply to message #671055] Mon, 16 May 2011 16:12 Go to previous message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
If you don't see the PK and FK info in the Columns I recommend looking for help on the DTP forum - http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id= 3. You may just need to use a more recent driver than the one you are using, or possibly an older one.

Neil
Previous Topic:No persistence.xml file found in project?
Next Topic:Error: Dali not correctly validating @EmbeddedId ID classes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:41:04 GMT 2024