Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » CNF: Remove SOME popup options from the ones that are platform contributions(CNF: Remove SOME popup options from the ones that are platform contributions)
CNF: Remove SOME popup options from the ones that are platform contributions [message #668290] Wed, 04 May 2011 21:12
Rosa Mising name is currently offline Rosa Mising nameFriend
Hello,
I need to modify popup menus using CNF. I already read documentation about using action providers and about using "allowsPlatformContribution" to restrict options that are platform contributions. I already used some of these concepts sucessfully to add/remove popup options. But there is one thing I need to do and I don't know how:
Related to PLATFORM CONTRIBUTIONS, I mean declared by org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus (in my case they are standard options: "Validate", "Run As", "Debug As", "Profile As", "Team", "Compare With", "Restore from Local History...", "Java EE Tools", "Source", "Configure") I just want to show two of them: "Team" and "Compare With" (with all their suboptions).
If using "allowsPlatformContribution=false", then ALL options are removed !. The only idea I have right know is to set this to false and to create an actionProvider for each of both options I need to show, but it seems a bit hard, because I have to add all the suboptions in it (invoking the appropriate Eclipse action) !. Is that a good way to solve my problem ?. There is another way easier and better ?... I hope so.

Please help. Thanks a lot.
Previous Topic:IWorkbenchAdapter not registered correctly
Next Topic:Command Handler + KeyBinding = Freezing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:58:31 GMT 2024