Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Service Oriented Architecture » Problems creating first SOA Service(Problems creating first SOA Service)
icon5.gif  Problems creating first SOA Service [message #668121] Tue, 03 May 2011 20:15
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hello.

I'm running into problems creating my first SOA Service. I first tried the Bottom Up approach. I created the class that will fulfill the service and a Bean class the list of which the Service is to return. Both of them are inside a Dynamic Web Project. Then I used the Web Service Wizard to try and create the Web Service. Using the Web Service Explorer shows that everything looks fine. But once the Server and the Service are started I cannot see the WSDL for it. Question I don't understand why. It just shows me a blank screen that says Enter Your Description Here. If I proceed to try and create a client from the WSDL link, given to me in the Web Service Explorer, then I get a client with only 2 stubs, in place of the expected 4. And of course the client does not work. It crashed when the service is called.

Going Top Down is even more trouble prone. I create my WSDL and then use the Web Service wizard to create the web service. The first page seems fine. I set my Server: Tomcat 6, and the Runtime: Axis 2, along with Project name and Service name. Then I click Continue to go to a screen that tells me to "Select appropriate code generation settings" and all values are blank, except databinding. The Service Name is blank, the Port Name and the Namespace/Package table. Clicking continue generates an Exception of course.

Has anyone encountered such issues? Or does anyone have a reliable set of steps to follow to create the very first working SOA Service?

Thank you in advance.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Swordfish Status
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:17:45 GMT 2024