Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Does anyone have a recommendation on Eclipse RCP training?
Does anyone have a recommendation on Eclipse RCP training? [message #667466] Thu, 28 April 2011 22:17 Go to next message
Zooks  is currently offline Zooks Friend
I am trying to decide between 2 online training classes on Eclipse RCP and it would really help me if any of you has attended either one and can share their impression on how useful the class was.

The first one is by Modular Mind and it is 3 days long:
http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=939146

The second one is by EclipseSource and it is 4 days long:
http:// eclipsesource.com/en/services/eclipse-training/eclipse-rcp-d evelopment/

I looked at the course outline for each one and they are roughly similar.
I also own the Eclipse Rich Client Platfrom (2nd edition) book. Can you recommend other resources to enhance my RCP knowledge?
Thank you.
Re: Does anyone have a recommendation on Eclipse RCP training? [message #667585 is a reply to message #667466] Fri, 29 April 2011 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Paulin is currently offline Patrick PaulinFriend
I'm Patrick Paulin at Modular Mind. I hope you get some good info here and I don't mean to hijack the thread Smile

I just wanted to mention that I do allow students to provide online feedback on this page:

http://www.modumind.com/rcp-training/feedback/

If you'd like to speak to any of them, I'd be happy to arrange that as well.

Regards,

--- Patrick

Patrick Paulin
Eclipse RCP/OSGi Trainer and Consultant
Modular Mind, Ltd.

patrick@modumind.com
www.modumind.com
twitter.com/pjpaulin
linkedin.com/in/pjpaulin
Re: Does anyone have a recommendation on Eclipse RCP training? [message #667615 is a reply to message #667585] Fri, 29 April 2011 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the reply, Patrick. I look forward to taking your class and then providing some feedback as well. Cool
Re: Does anyone have a recommendation on Eclipse RCP training? [message #676343 is a reply to message #667615] Fri, 03 June 2011 20:08 Go to previous message
I ended up taking the RCP Quickstart class online by Modular Mind and it more than met my expectations: Patrick (the instructor) covered the topics very thoroughly and I particularly liked the format of the class.

This online class lacks nothing in comparison to on-site training classes because the size of the class is small, the notes for the class are exceptional and you can ask any question at any time.
I was very happy with Patrick's passion and level of expertise not only in Eclipse plugin development and RCP but also in the maven-based build "tycho" which my team uses. I highly recommend this class to anyone who wants to learn RCP in a very fast and effective way.
Previous Topic:bundle.getEntry() always returns null
Next Topic:Excellent opportunity for Eclipse professional with a core product base company in Noida
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:01:16 GMT 2024