Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » SQL Server 2008 Support(What is the latest version of MS SQL Server Supported?)
SQL Server 2008 Support [message #666555] Wed, 20 April 2011 23:25 Go to next message
MickeyBob  is currently offline MickeyBob Friend
I'm trying to configure Eclipse Helios SR2 with DTP and Microsoft's SQL Server JDBC 4.0 CTP driver to connect to SQL Server 2008 R2. Is this combination supported? Has it been tested?

Using the Data Source Explorer within Eclipse, I can connect to the server but the database hierarchy is not displayed as I expect. Instead of a Schemas node appearing directly under the database name, I get a Catalogs node with all databases on the server as sub-nodes. Under each database sub-node, all I get is a Schemas node with each user role enumerated as a sub-node of it.

Any suggestions on how I may get this working would be appreciated.

Please go easy with me as I'm a noobie with Java and Eclipse.
Re: SQL Server 2008 Support [message #667450 is a reply to message #666555] Thu, 28 April 2011 19:49 Go to previous message
Brian Fitzpatrick is currently offline Brian FitzpatrickFriend
Unfortunately SQL Server support has been an on again, off again sort of thing.

We had updates a couple of releases ago from the nice guys at Codehoop, but we haven't seen anything since then. And I no longer have access to SQL Server dbs to verify anything.

So I suspect that the combination you mention is largely untested.
Previous Topic:DB inside an RCP Application
Next Topic:Can't browse schemas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 06:46:50 GMT 2024