Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » git status - for all files in repo, not just files in projects(Is there a way to do this?)
git status - for all files in repo, not just files in projects [message #664906] Tue, 12 April 2011 13:21 Go to next message
Michael  is currently offline Michael Friend
I like EGit a lot, but there's one thing that is stopping me from using it in my workflow. I can't find a way to do an equivalent of "git status" that includes files not under any of the Eclipse Projects loaded into my workspace. The Commit option under the Team menu only takes files listed in Eclipse projects into account.

Am I missing something, a way to do to what I want?

If not could we have an option in the Git Repository Explorer/Git Repository tab where you can right click on items from "Working Directory" downwards and do a commit that examines from that point in the tree when considering files to include?

Our project uses one git repo, but not all of our files/directories are in Eclipse projects. It simply isn't possible or desirable for us to add all our files into eclipse projects.
Re: git status - for all files in repo, not just files in projects [message #665016 is a reply to message #664906] Tue, 12 April 2011 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manuel Doninger is currently offline Manuel DoningerFriend
I know that there is already a bug report in Bugzilla, but i don''t have the ID. Maybe you could search for it and vote.
Re: git status - for all files in repo, not just files in projects [message #665140 is a reply to message #664906] Wed, 13 April 2011 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael  is currently offline Michael Friend
Thanks, I assume you mean this entry?

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=329061
Re: git status - for all files in repo, not just files in projects [message #665151 is a reply to message #664906] Wed, 13 April 2011 13:15 Go to previous message
Manuel Doninger is currently offline Manuel DoningerFriend
Yes, that's the one.
Previous Topic:How to merge branches without fastforward?
Next Topic:No Checkin of .obj possible?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:55:55 GMT 2024