Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Programatic Merge File Access(Wrote a custom compare filter, but doesn't work for egit)
Programatic Merge File Access [message #663413] Mon, 04 April 2011 22:20 Go to next message
Thomas Fletcher is currently offline Thomas FletcherFriend

I have a custom compare module that I have created for some domain specific model files that we use. My comparison module is independent of the revision/team system being used and this works will with CVS/SVN and local repositories. However when I try to use it with git, I am not able to determine the local path to which I should be pushing my changes.

The scenarios is this:
* Select a project in the navigator
* Select Team > Synchronize
* Choose a branch to compare agains

At this point I get a proper listing of change sets, but if I double click on one of the files I have my comparator assigned to, then it opens and gets the content, but I can't locally merge changes.

I thought that this was limited to my compare editor, but it seems that this also happens with the default text compare editor.

I can't use the 'merge' function because my domain specific model file doesn't merge nicely and always ends in conflict.

... any thoughts on how to proceed or a relevant bugzilla (I searched and didn't find one).

Thanks,
Thomas

Re: Programatic Merge File Access [message #665511 is a reply to message #663413] Thu, 14 April 2011 20:46 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Please file an enhancement bug describing what your tool requires to work properly.
Previous Topic:Merge Tool : error: empty path not permitted
Next Topic:Pushing to gitorious
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:37:47 GMT 2024