Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » Can't create tables, or modify schema in DTP - derby dbms
Can't create tables, or modify schema in DTP - derby dbms [message #663045] Sat, 02 April 2011 18:23 Go to next message
Chris Story is currently offline Chris StoryFriend
Greetings.

I'm hoping this is a pretty basic question, but it's a block that I can't seem to figure out.

I've installed DTP in Eclipse Helios. I have a Derby 10.7.1.1 installation that seems to be correct - I can connect to database instances, and can create databases. When I expand my database, however, in the Data Source Explorer, and open up any schema, I'm unable to view any tables, and am unable to add or modify any existing tables. The various screenshots and tutorials I've found don't explain this. When I right-click on the tables folder, I see only two options - refresh and properties.

Anyone have an idea of what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Re: Can't create tables, or modify schema in DTP - derby dbms [message #663558 is a reply to message #663045] Tue, 05 April 2011 15:53 Go to previous message
Brian Fitzpatrick is currently offline Brian FitzpatrickFriend
I'm guessing that the Derby driver has changed something in the latest version and our Derby providers don't know what to do with it.

Do you get anything in the .log or the console?

--Fitz
Previous Topic:Various issues
Next Topic:DTP 1.9 M7 New and Noteworthy Feature
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:57:05 GMT 2024