Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Display#getSystemTaskbar() returns null on WinXP
Display#getSystemTaskbar() returns null on WinXP [message #662911] Fri, 01 April 2011 13:00 Go to next message
Jann Schneider is currently offline Jann SchneiderFriend
Hello,

I want to show some text in the taskbar which differs from the one displayed in the title bar of my application. e.g. Say the applications title is "Hello World" and i want to set "MyApplication" as text on the TaskItem for my application in the systems taskbar.

Therefore i firstt tried the snippet from http://eclipse.org/swt/snippets named "customize the taskbar item with progress indicator, overlay image, and overlay text"

Unfortunately the displays getSystemTaskbar() method always returns NULL on my win XP box. So this snippet does nothing on my box Sad

Well i saw in the javadoc, that it's only supported on certain platforms... Is it just not supported on Win XP maybe? Or do i need to do something more than in this snippet?

Any help is greatly appriciated!

Thanks in advance ..
Jann
Re: Display#getSystemTaskbar() returns null on WinXP [message #662990 is a reply to message #662911] Fri, 01 April 2011 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

This taskbar (or dock in Mac) customization feature is supported only on Windows 7 and Mac Cocoa. So, getSystemTaskbar() works only on these platforms and it returns null on the other platforms.

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: Display#getSystemTaskbar() returns null on WinXP [message #663021 is a reply to message #662990] Sat, 02 April 2011 06:39 Go to previous message
Jann Schneider is currently offline Jann SchneiderFriend
Hello,

thanks for your quick replay..

Do you mind adding a note about this to the javadoc? I think this would be helpful for others too.

Regards Jann
Previous Topic:Setting ImageData alpha behaves strange on Mac
Next Topic:Oops - duplicate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:07:54 GMT 2024