Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Comparing Object Properties in ECL
Comparing Object Properties in ECL [message #661960] Mon, 28 March 2011 15:49 Go to next message
annie 84 is currently offline annie 84Friend
Hello All,

The concept of ECL appealed me a lot and I was trying to use it for my project. I tried the example code "Compare, validate and merge OO models". I succeed to run it; however, when I tried to modified the value of the attribute isAbstarct it gives me an error. The problem is that if the value of attribute in abstract in the corresponding classes is not same it is not performing the comparison.

Is it intentional or its really a problem because I need to compare classes with different attribute values as well in my project. One other thing, where is the matches trace? Can I make it persistent to use it further for my analysis purpose?

I am waiting anxiously for a reply.

Best Regards

Quratulann
Re: Comparing Object Properties in ECL [message #661964 is a reply to message #661960] Mon, 28 March 2011 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I got the answer of my second question by reading the ECL paper and now I can use the matchTrace builtin variable; however, I am still confused about the first part of my question.

Best Regards

Quratulann
Re: Comparing Object Properties in ECL [message #662026 is a reply to message #661964] Mon, 28 March 2011 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

If the values of the abstract property don't match, the BothAbstractOrNot constraint in ValidateSimpleOO.evl is not satisfied and merging is not performed. You can remove this constraint and it will work as expected.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Comparing Object Properties in ECL [message #662571 is a reply to message #661960] Thu, 31 March 2011 07:37 Go to previous message
thanks Dimitris

It made my life easy Smile

Regards

Quratulann
Previous Topic:[EWL] Redo after Undo not working properly for wizard
Next Topic:Problems with multiple packages in the emf file and eugenia
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:03:40 GMT 2024