Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Tabbed Properties Views does not try to adapt the ISelection content
Tabbed Properties Views does not try to adapt the ISelection content [message #661446] Thu, 24 March 2011 17:24
Mathieu Garcia is currently offline Mathieu GarciaFriend
Tabbed properties view is really cute but in my opinion there's a big lack.

I'm aware of the TypeMapper you can add to your contribution but that is not enough since a same object may have many representations.

Imagine you have an object of class A and a second object of class B. There's no direct link between A and B.

Now, in the current tabbed properties contribution, you want to have two tabs, one for A, one for B.

Then, imagine B can be adapted to A. It seems there's no way to make the two tabs appear at the same time for B.

Using the TypeMapper is not a good solution as you can map only one object to one class and anyway, maybe you want to add a tab to a contribution you don't master (in my case, the cnf tabbed properties contribution).

The reason of that is simple: the TabbedPropertyRegistryClassSectionFilter performs checks that are only hierarchy class based. I patched it to try to make an adaptation between the inputs (provided through the extension) and the current ISelection: that works fine!

What do you think about this lack? Am I wrong?

Previous Topic:Unexpected context's restarts
Next Topic:CompareEditor showing Comments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:28:39 GMT 2024