Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Create.product doesn't generate .exe and .ini files(On buckminster 3.6.2 with target platform set to eclipse 3.6.2)
Create.product doesn't generate .exe and .ini files [message #661273] Wed, 23 March 2011 19:05 Go to next message
Fabian Baboschi is currently offline Fabian BaboschiFriend
The create.product and build/product.ant are the ones from here (just the product name and profile changed):

http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/tools/org.eclipse.buckminster /trunk/org.eclipse.buckminster.tutorial.mailapp.product.feat ure/

I get no message at all from hudson, everything seems to work fine. The p2/ folder is created and if I add the .exe and .ini generated from a working 3.6.1, doing exactly the same thing (and update the equinox.launcher) the product starts and works normally.

Just because maybe it matters, I'm building from linux for windows.
My product includes these features:
org.eclipse.platform
org.eclipse.gef
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.batik
org.eclipse.help
org.eclipse.jdt

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Create.product doesn't generate .exe and .ini files [message #661354 is a reply to message #661273] Thu, 24 March 2011 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabian Baboschi is currently offline Fabian BaboschiFriend
Very strange. This looks like a problem with the Hudson environment and buckminster. I created a copy of the project (with a different name) and it started to work magically. Then I renamed the working project to the old name, and the build stopped working. To me, this is a temporary file issue of the files that are actually put outside the temporary folders.

I saw that there are some buckminster actions that use the /tmp folder (or c:\windows\temp - while downloading bundles). Can I specify what folder should be used by those actions also? (anything goes, even OS specific variable redefinition, I don't care)

Thank you.
Re: Create.product doesn't generate .exe and .ini files [message #661363 is a reply to message #661354] Thu, 24 March 2011 11:18 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 2011-03-24 12:02, Fabian Baboschi wrote:
> Very strange. This looks like a problem with the Hudson environment and buckminster. I created a copy of the project
> (with a different name) and it started to work magically. Then I renamed the working project to the old name, and the
> build stopped working. To me, this is a temporary file issue of the files that are actually put outside the temporary
> folders.
>
> I saw that there are some buckminster actions that use the /tmp folder (or c:\windows\temp - while downloading bundles).
> Can I specify what folder should be used by those actions also? (anything goes, even OS specific variable redefinition,
> I don't care)
>
Try setting:

buckminster.temp.root=<your preferred temp>

- thomas
Previous Topic:Start SWTBot tests from within Buckminster on Eclipse Hudson
Next Topic:Problem with importtargetdefinition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:13:22 GMT 2024