Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Examples » Stuck on HelloWorld tutorial(Can't find main() method in tutorial.)
Stuck on HelloWorld tutorial [message #655008] Thu, 17 February 2011 23:28 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I've just started working through the HelloWorld tutorial built into Eclipse (Help > Welcome). This is creating a Java application.

After creating a new Java class, I'm supposed to add a Print statement in the main() method. However, after clicking to close the previous step and do this one, the main frame is simply blank. I don't see any main() method!

What step was left out of this tutorial that is supposed to show the main() method?

Previously I had installed:
Mac OS X (Intel) version of the SDK
Eclipse for Javascript Web Developers

Thanks!
Steve
Re: Stuck on HelloWorld tutorial [message #707106 is a reply to message #655008] Mon, 01 August 2011 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lubomir S. is currently offline Lubomir S.Friend
Hi

When you create java class do not forget click on the checkbox "public static main ..."
If you want to have main class created by default. Otherwise you have to write main method yourself.
Re: Stuck on HelloWorld tutorial [message #897141 is a reply to message #707106] Sun, 22 July 2012 12:52 Go to previous message
jim liu is currently offline jim liuFriend
Eclipse Plugin's main is extension point,so please read more documents about eclipse extension points.

java eclipse Search
http://javafind.appspot.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse Command Code Web Generator
Next Topic:hello, sample code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:37:29 GMT 2024