Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Issues With Building C program(Build Bug in C program)
Issues With Building C program [message #653006] Mon, 07 February 2011 23:06 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I am taking a C programming class currently, and we are starting with a Hello World program. All of the code was given, we just need to get a compiler working. I got it working with windows visual C++ fine, but it eats up a lot of drive space, and I want something portable, hence using eclipse. I downloaded CDT for eclipse, all the plugins are there, got MinGW folder in the folder I have eclipse folder in(dont know if it matters where the folders are). When creating a new program I select mingw toolchain and continue.

First thing I notice is that #include <stdio.h> gives me a warning that it is not recognized Sad. Why is this? Then I get the build error

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
gcc -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -oHelloWorld.o ..\HelloWorld.c
Internal Builder: Cannot run program "gcc": Launching failed
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Time consumed: 28 ms.

Not sure if this is related to unrecognized code or not? I tried all this before and the library was recognized, but I got binary not found error, so this is strange to me. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Issues With Building C program [message #653034 is a reply to message #653006] Tue, 08 February 2011 07:38 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Eclipse does not find your MinGW installation.
Here are some details where Eclipse will look for MingW http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#I_installed_MinGW_toolc hain_on_my_PC_but_Eclipse_won.27t_find_it.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Can't install C/C++
Next Topic:Cannot run program make: unknown reason - Problem with Remote C/C++ Projec
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:10:33 GMT 2024