Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to generate Papyrus diagrams programmatically?
How to generate Papyrus diagrams programmatically? [message #652251] Thu, 03 February 2011 10:44 Go to next message
Guido  is currently offline Guido Friend
I have some Java code that generates an UML model. I want to generate an initial Papyrus diagram for this UML model. Is there a way to do this in Java?

Furthermore, if I regenerate the UML model, I want the Papyrus diagram to update to the new UML model. Again, is there a way to enforce this from Java code?
Re: How to generate Papyrus diagrams programmatically? [message #653303 is a reply to message #652251] Wed, 09 February 2011 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi,

we are currently developing a set of plugins to generate diagrams from a set of templates, bu the code is not present on the current Papyrus SVN.
You can find some example on how to generate a diagram in the plugin there: http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papy rus/branches/0.7.X/extraplugins/org.eclipse.papyrus.diagramq ueryresult.
This code generates diagram and relies on the drag and drop mechanism to generate diagram from a UML model. It acts as you would do if you had to construct the diagram by yourself.

I have no planning yet for the public version of the diagram generation tool. It should however be available in few months.

HTH,
rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: How to generate Papyrus diagrams programmatically? [message #656401 is a reply to message #653303] Fri, 25 February 2011 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hadaytullah  is currently offline hadaytullah Friend
Is the diagram generation tool available now and how to use it. I have used the code mentioned in the post, however, droping an element does not include dropping of child elements inside the droped one. For example, a dropped class does not include methods or attributes inside it. I know this is normal behaviour but is there any way that all the child elements are also shown in the diagram.
Re: How to generate Papyrus diagrams programmatically? [message #663517 is a reply to message #653303] Tue, 05 April 2011 13:25 Go to previous message
Miriam  is currently offline Miriam Friend
Please Rémi, could you give more details about how to use this plug in, I generated the .jar and put it in the plugin directory, how can I use it now to display the diagrams?
Previous Topic:How to access the ModelExplorerView
Next Topic:Drop location
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:54:36 GMT 2024