Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EEF] Contributing new widgets
[EEF] Contributing new widgets [message #649678] Thu, 20 January 2011 09:38 Go to next message
Nirmal SasidharanFriend
Firstly, thanks a lot for providing this cool framework. I was completely blown away when I saw it working the first time. It did help save a lot of my effort.

I managed to create a master details form using the generated eef providers. I would like to extend the ReferencesTable such that it such multiple columns (that is, some attributes of the model element is displayed in different columns of the table). I could see this in your demo at http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/eef/videos/eef-rcp-appl ication.htm. I guess one way would be to create a custom PropertiesEditionProvider and contributing it. Is there a way to better way to do this? For example, to contribute custom widgets.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Nirmal
Re: [EEF] Contributing new widgets [message #649686 is a reply to message #649678] Thu, 20 January 2011 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nirmal SasidharanFriend
Found the answer here http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=195501& amp;start=0&S=29ff5f8b276d9dba0c267e386a81d728

Neverthless, could you please let me know if any of the exisiting table widgets supports columns?

Regards,
Nirmal
Re: [EEF] Contributing new widgets [message #649961 is a reply to message #649686] Fri, 21 January 2011 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goulwen Le Fur is currently offline Goulwen Le FurFriend
Hi Nirmal, Thanks for you interest in EEF.

I'm not sure to understand your need, but if you want "model" a table
with several column and define binding between object properties and
column, It's not possible currently.

Otherwise, the EEF TableComposition is a TableViewer and you can
programmatically add columns to this viewer.

Cheers,

--
Goulwen

Le 20/01/2011 11:07, Nirmal Sasidharan a écrit :
> Found the answer here
> http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=195501& amp;start=0&S=29ff5f8b276d9dba0c267e386a81d728
>
>
> Neverthless, could you please let me know if any of the exisiting table
> widgets supports columns?
>
> Regards,
> Nirmal
Re: [EEF] Contributing new widgets [message #650298 is a reply to message #649961] Mon, 24 January 2011 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nirmal SasidharanFriend
Hello Goulwen,

You did understand my question right. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. As you suggested, I extended the table and added my own columns and contributed them using a custom PropertiesEditionPartProvider. It works fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Nirmal
Re: [EEF] Contributing new widgets [message #988881 is a reply to message #650298] Mon, 03 December 2012 14:28 Go to previous message
Hristina Pavlovska is currently offline Hristina PavlovskaFriend
Hi all,

Currently I'm working with GMF and EEF. When a user clicks on a graphical element I need to display table holding custom properties or/and object references organized in columns and rows.

Is there a way how to realize that rows and columns look and content directly through the Components and Views model of EEF?

Or if any code changes are needed can you point me to some examples?

I've noticed you already have experience with something similar and I just started using EEF.

Thanks,
Hristina
Previous Topic:customization templates: EPackageModelGenAnnotation not found
Next Topic:[EEF] Custom table representation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:24:58 GMT 2024