Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » JPA JAR Missing From WEB-INF/lib(STS/Eclipse Build Difficulty)
JPA JAR Missing From WEB-INF/lib [message #646678] Wed, 29 December 2010 19:28 Go to next message
Jason M. Hanna is currently offline Jason M. HannaFriend
Hi All,

Trying to figure out some strange behavior and hoping someone can clear up my confusion. I've got a legacy project I'm trying to upgrade that utilizes OpenJPA, Spring, Flex/BlazeDS, and Tomcat. I'm using Maven and STS 2.5.1 for builds and development. I'm also migrating to Virgo Web Server. All my dependencies have been upgraded to their most recent versions.

When I package my WAR file from the command line or Run 'maven package' w/in STS everything is great and I can deploy manually to Virgo w/o issue.

I'd like to deploy my application directly to my embedded Virgo server instance from Eclipse/STS, however. The problem I'm encountering is that my JPA JAR file (and a couple others) is being excluded from my WEB-INF/lib directory when I build and deploy to an embedded server within STS.

I'm a little confused as to how this is happening. I've tried running with a number of different facets enabled/disabled, but my defaults are as follows:

• Dynamic Web Module 2.5
  • EclipseRT Virgo Server - OSGi Bundle 1.0
  • Java 1.6
  • JavaScript 1.0
  • JPA 2.0

I presume there is something happening under the surface here that's excluding this file from the build.

Not sure it's related, but I've noticed when deploying to my embedded server that 3 of my Maven dependencies are appearing underneath my application. All 3 have an square icon overlaid on the jar icon. All 3 are also compile-scoped and declared within my pom.xml. Strange thing is, however, these 3 are excluded from my WEB-INF/lib directory when I deploy to an embedded server (other 2 are xalan and fop jars).

Thoughts?

Thanks!
-jmh

[Updated on: Wed, 29 December 2010 19:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JPA JAR Missing From WEB-INF/lib [message #646746 is a reply to message #646678] Thu, 30 December 2010 17:39 Go to previous message
Jason M. Hanna is currently offline Jason M. HannaFriend
Update: Looks like this is a bug relating to the EclipseRT/Virgo portion of the tooling. This error only occurs when deploying to an Embedded Virgo Web Server through STS.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=333343
Previous Topic:Installing m2eclipse for Eclipse Java EE
Next Topic:Can't Search Marketplace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:16:24 GMT 2024