Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » View activation problem when editor is maximized
View activation problem when editor is maximized [message #646440] Fri, 24 December 2010 09:15 Go to next message
Christophe Fondacci is currently offline Christophe FondacciFriend
Hello !

I got a weird problem :
* One of my editor has a dedicated view somewhere on the workbench
* I implemented a IPartListener listening to the workbench page which acts as an "editor tracker" : each time this editor is activated, it looks for its dedicated view and shows it with VIEW_VISIBLE

It works pretty well : when the editor got the focus, the view is made visible, and does not have focus.

Now when I maximize the editor it does not work anymore :
java.lang.RuntimeException: WARNING: Prevented recursive attempt to activate part VIEW while still in the middle of activating part EDITOR

In order to avoid this error I placed the "page.showView" call in a Display.asyncExec. The problem is that whenever I activate the editor (when maximized), the view gets activated WITH focus. It makes the editor unusable as it looses focus immediately after being activated.

Is it a bug, is there a way to de-activate this (I think the VIEW_VISIBLE should not have this behaviour) ? Or is there a way to know that my editor is maximized so I could disable this behaviour when maximized ?

Thank you very much & merrry christmas
Christophe
http://www.nextep-softwares.com
Re: View activation problem when editor is maximized [message #646483 is a reply to message #646440] Fri, 24 December 2010 20:51 Go to previous message
Devi Vara Prasad Bandaru is currently offline Devi Vara Prasad BandaruFriend

Hi,
You can use this for checking the editor state...
org.eclipse.ui.IWorkbenchPage.getPartState()

Previous Topic:RCP PDF Editor
Next Topic:How to create a Tree that has leaf nodes with "SWT.CHECK" style
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:02:46 GMT 2024