Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Why two inter-dependent bundles are deployed successfully?
Why two inter-dependent bundles are deployed successfully? [message #645465] Fri, 17 December 2010 10:43 Go to next message
guofeng zhang is currently offline guofeng zhangFriend
There is bundler A, a normal bundle in Java, and another bundler B. B is an Aspectj project that will weave A (compile-time weaving), so B have to import the package exported by A.

After A is woven by B, I use com.springsource.bundlor.maven plugin to process A so that the dependencies is kept correctly. Check the A's MANIFEST.MF, now A import the package from B.

Because A has some test logic in its Activator, so I first drop B in usr directory, then drop A in pickup directory.

The two bundles now in ACTIVE state and the expected test output displayed in the log file.

I am surprised. I think this should not work because any bundle can not be resolved without resolving the other bundle first.

My question is
Is this is standard behavior specified by OSGi, or is the feature supported by Spring DM? or in Equixon, I can use config.ini and start level to get the same result?

Thanks.

Guofeng

Re: Why two inter-dependent bundles are deployed successfully? [message #645479 is a reply to message #645465] Fri, 17 December 2010 11:40 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
This is Virgo specific function. Smile

A is resolved in a "side state" which involves provisioning B from the repository. Once A has resolved successfully, both A and B are installed in the OSGi framework and then started.
Previous Topic:WebApp Splitting
Next Topic:Remote Service and Web Service - suggested tools?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:24:59 GMT 2024