Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Browser - Progress and Location Events on top.location.reload(Not getting events from IE)
Browser - Progress and Location Events on top.location.reload [message #644524] Mon, 13 December 2010 00:23 Go to next message
Jason Ward is currently offline Jason WardFriend
I'm currently running SWT 3.6.1 / Win32 and am embedding IE8 with the Browser control.

When the top page is reloaded using the JavaScript function 'top.location.reload(true)' I am not getting progress or location events even though the browser control is actually reloading the page.

This behavior seems to be specific to IE as I'm receiving the events when I embed Mozilla.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I didn't find anything specific to this in bugzilla but am new to the eclipse system and am still trying to figure out how everything is organized.

I have a workaround for my current situation but would like to submit this if it is an unknown bug and someone else can confirm it.

Thanks!

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2010 01:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Browser - Progress and Location Events on top.location.reload [message #644545 is a reply to message #644524] Mon, 13 December 2010 08:25 Go to previous message
Jason Ward is currently offline Jason WardFriend
Here's a little more information:

With IE8 embedded and using the javascript window.location.reload(true) function no LocationEvents are thrown for the top window.

I am getting Progress.changed events but not the Progress.completed events.

If the page includes iframes, I get all the expected Progress and Location events for the IFrame(s) only. (I'm assuming the progress completed event is for the iframe)

Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2010 10:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Applet with embedded SWT impossible under Mac OS X ?
Next Topic:Vertical TabFolder/TabItem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:26:41 GMT 2024