Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Slow layout with GridLayout
Slow layout with GridLayout [message #644271] Fri, 10 December 2010 10:29 Go to next message
Jan Krakora is currently offline Jan KrakoraFriend
Hi everybody,

I have a Shell with a Composite within it. The Composite has set the GridLayout and there about 10 Texts, 15 Labels, 6 Groups, 6 Combos, and 4 Buttons inside the Composite. Every Control has set the GridData using the GridDataFactory.swtDefaults()......create().

When I'm resizing the Shell, its content is relayout of course, but it's too slow according to me and It flickers (most of all the Groups). Is that normal or do you thing I could do something wrong?

I have Windows 7.
Re: Slow layout with GridLayout [message #645263 is a reply to message #644271] Thu, 16 December 2010 10:12 Go to previous message
Praveen  is currently offline Praveen Friend
Behnil, It would be great if we can get to see the flickering behavior through a snippet. Would it be possible for you to provide a simple snippet for the quick investigation ?
Previous Topic:RCP application should be freezed when a fileDialog is open from a Wizard with aprogress monitor
Next Topic:GridLayout using Groups members
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:06:09 GMT 2024