Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Export Birt report in Excel
Export Birt report in Excel [message #644059] Thu, 09 December 2010 10:12 Go to next message
Sergey  is currently offline Sergey Friend
Hello, how can I influence to export report in excel, because In website I have pretty report , but when I export I in excel I don't have formatting report.
Re: Export Birt report in Excel [message #644086 is a reply to message #644059] Thu, 09 December 2010 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard A. Polunsky is currently offline Richard A. PolunskyFriend

HTML is a free form space - you can put material most anywhere on the screen. Excel is built on a row and column grid, so the export mechanism has to try and match the column structure of the spreadsheet to the positions of the columns in your report. If you have multiple tables in your report, you will get a spreadsheet with some large numbers of small columns with merged cells.

When planning a report that will be exported to Excel, you need to think about Excel's limitations first. Minimize the number of tables. Conditionally suppress elements that willl not be exported so that the Excel emitter does not try and allow for them in the output computations.

Re: Export Birt report in Excel [message #644256 is a reply to message #644086] Fri, 10 December 2010 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sergey  is currently offline Sergey Friend
I understand you, but not very understand can I influence in merged cells?
Re: Export Birt report in Excel [message #644361 is a reply to message #644059] Fri, 10 December 2010 17:02 Go to previous message
Richard A. Polunsky is currently offline Richard A. PolunskyFriend

You really need to find someone with BIRT knowledge who speaks one of your native languages.

The BIRT Excel emitter will automatically generate merged cells when the report has multiple elements with overlapping borders. That's not something you have control over.

For example, if I have a top grid, three columns, widths 1 inch, 5 inches, 1 inch;
then I have a data table, five columns, widths 1 inch, 2 inches, 1 inch, 1 inch, 2 inches;

The output exported to Excel will have seven columns; the top grid will have cells in column A, columns BCDEF merged, column G. Then after a blank row, the data table will have cells in column A, columns BC merged, column D, column E and finally columns FG merged.

That is a vast over simplification (and ignores the effects of cell margins and padding) but it should give you an answer to your question.

Richard
Previous Topic:Table of Contents minus groups
Next Topic:BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 00:42:31 GMT 2024