Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Recovering deleted files
Recovering deleted files [message #641820] Sun, 28 November 2010 13:20 Go to next message
Ferguzz  is currently offline Ferguzz Friend
Hiya,

I am brand new to eclipse and i'm using it on a mac. I created a new 'makefile project from existing files'. I chose the desktop as my directory as I had a file there I wanted to add. I was just messing around with the different types of new project to see what happened. After realizing this wasn't what I wanted I then right clicked on 'dektop' in the navigator and clicked 'delete project'. I also ticked 'delete project contents on disk'. I thought this would just get rid of any files it had put into the workspace directory. However, it then went on to delete all the files from my desktop - a lot of files. How on earth can I get them back?

I have tried 'restore from local history' which tells me 'no deleted resources in local history for selected container'.

What can I do?

Thanks
Re: Recovering deleted files [message #641841 is a reply to message #641820] Sun, 28 November 2010 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
When you selected "Delete project contents from disk (cannot be undone)"
you really did delete them from the disk and it really cannot be undone
without some type of OS-level (non-Eclipse) backup/restore facility.

Ferguzz wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I am brand new to eclipse and i'm using it on a mac. I created a new
> 'makefile project from existing files'. I chose the desktop as my
> directory as I had a file there I wanted to add. I was just messing
> around with the different types of new project to see what happened.
> After realizing this wasn't what I wanted I then right clicked on
> 'dektop' in the navigator and clicked 'delete project'. I also ticked
> 'delete project contents on disk'. I thought this would just get rid
> of any files it had put into the workspace directory. However, it
> then went on to delete all the files from my desktop - a lot of
> files. How on earth can I get them back?
>
> I have tried 'restore from local history' which tells me 'no deleted
> resources in local history for selected container'.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Thanks

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Recovering deleted files [message #1810375 is a reply to message #641820] Fri, 09 August 2019 03:34 Go to previous message
Johnson nson is currently offline Johnson nsonFriend
Ferguzz wrote on Sun, 28 November 2010 13:20
Hiya,

I am brand new to eclipse and i'm using it on a mac. I created a new 'makefile project from existing files'. I chose the desktop as my directory as I had a file there I wanted to add. I was just messing around with the different types of new project to see what happened. After realizing this wasn't what I wanted I then right clicked on 'dektop' in the navigator and clicked 'delete project'. I also ticked 'delete project contents on disk'. I thought this would just get rid of any files it had put into the workspace directory. However, it then went on to delete all the files from my desktop - a lot of files. How on earth can I recovering deleted files on mac?

I have tried 'restore from local history' which tells me 'no deleted resources in local history for selected container'.

What can I do?

Thanks

As long as the deleted files are not overwritten, you still have a chance to retrieve them. Don't hope for free tools, you may not be successful. You have no choice, and finding the most reliable and affordable data recovery tool is the most effective way.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 August 2019 07:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Why does the Marketplace client not show some plugins available on the marketplace web site?
Next Topic:Create RCP distribution from non-RCP plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:09:47 GMT 2024