Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Stop at next line with debugger(Is it possible to stop at the next line within breakpoints)
Stop at next line with debugger [message #641510] Thu, 25 November 2010 18:15 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Is it possible to step into the next line without breakpoints.

Let's assume that I have a SWING application with numerous JFrame instances and I would like to figure out with which specific JFrame instance I am dealing.

So I am at the specific JFrame instance and I activate a handler (could be anything, that's not important). Is it possible to stop the execution at the first line following the activation?

Re: Stop at next line with debugger [message #641698 is a reply to message #641510] Fri, 26 November 2010 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Pellaton is currently offline Michael PellatonFriend
Hi

I must admit, I do not fully understand what you plan to do, but it
sounds to me that the Eclipse debugger is the right tool. However,
you might want to have a look at BTace [1] (and it's VisualVM [2]
integration).

[1] http://kenai.com/projects/btrace
[2] https://visualvm.dev.java.net/

HTH
Michael
Re: Stop at next line with debugger [message #642207 is a reply to message #641698] Tue, 30 November 2010 11:56 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Thank you, Michael.

Ok let me try to be more clear:

I start an application in debug mode without any breakpoints. Now I want to be able to tell the debugger to stop at the next line of code after an event. So I want to see an option like:

* stop at next code line

I am not able to accomplish this. At the moment I'm working with a very large SWING application and it is not always clear where the code is located related to an event. It would save me a lot of time if I could get into this code without too much fuss.

Rudolf
Previous Topic:Error within Web Page Editor (Web Tools Platform)
Next Topic:Reading org.eclipse.core.resources .location file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:33:16 GMT 2024