Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt only fetches some records (1000)(Need help fetching all data)
Birt only fetches some records (1000) [message #641386] Thu, 25 November 2010 09:50 Go to next message
Kim   is currently offline Kim Friend
Hi,

I have a dataset that only returns 1000 records.

I have changed the Preferences ->Report Design ->Dataset Editor
and I have changed the Preferences ->Report Design ->Preview Data - Still the dataset is not returning all values.

I have thought about perhaps limiting the results based on a parameter but the parmater I have is only a part of the key in the dataset so I dont know how to do that. Doing a "LIKE" in a filter does not work cause the filter is only applied after the 1000 rows is selected.

Any help would be great!
Re: Birt only fetches some records (1000) [message #641425 is a reply to message #641386] Thu, 25 November 2010 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard A. Polunsky is currently offline Richard A. PolunskyFriend

This is bizarre and I cannot replicate it. Can you replicate this with more than one query, and can you replicate it using the Derby database (Classic Models)? There is a row limit option on the data set itself (look under Advanced as Data Set Row Limit) but I can't imagine how that could have gotten set.
Re: Birt only fetches some records (1000) [message #641442 is a reply to message #641425] Thu, 25 November 2010 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kim   is currently offline Kim Friend
Hi Richard,

thanks for your reply

Yes the error occurs with multiple datasets. And the data is in Derby but I'm using a Jazz Data Source from IBM Rational Team Concert.
I have actually found a workaround - sort of - when running the report directly in RTC eg. not in BIRT the report returns all results and subsequently BIRT also returns all results. I don't understand why there is this trigger - and I dont know if the bug is with BIRT or with the Jazz data source.

And yes I also tried changing the limit on the dataset it self it was set to fetch all rows and I tried to change that but it had no effect.
Re: Birt only fetches some records (1000) [message #641657 is a reply to message #641386] Fri, 26 November 2010 14:50 Go to previous message
Richard A. Polunsky is currently offline Richard A. PolunskyFriend

Not familiar with Jazz but that's the direction I'd be looking.
Previous Topic:Change partially color of scatter chart line
Next Topic:Problems with writing a plug-in
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 07:30:56 GMT 2024