Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Shape hierarchies and rendering(children should no diaply outside their parents graphics algorithm)
Shape hierarchies and rendering [message #641301] Wed, 24 November 2010 19:24 Go to next message
Jos Warmer is currently offline Jos WarmerFriend
Hi, I define a ContainerShape with an Ellipse as its graphics algorithm. Next I create a child shape with a line as its graphics algorithm.

I expected that the line would be rendered such that it only shows inside the ellipse. However, the line display also outside the ellipse, as if the container shape was a rectangle.

Is there a way to make sure that child shapes will always render within the boundaries of the graphics algorithm of their parent container shape? If not, I need to calculate the crossing point of the line and the ellipse myself.

-- Jos
Re: Shape hierarchies and rendering [message #641653 is a reply to message #641301] Fri, 26 November 2010 14:27 Go to previous message
Matthias Gorning is currently offline Matthias GorningFriend
Hi Jos,
unfortunately this is a problem/behaviour of the underlying layer (Draw2d). If you need a change, please open a bugzilla for Draw2d.

Regards,
Matthias
Previous Topic:inconsistency in position of IMoveContext and ICreateContext
Next Topic:CreateFeature in Context Pad Button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:18:18 GMT 2024