Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/RCP
EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/RCP [message #640086] Fri, 19 November 2010 02:02 Go to next message
Veera is currently offline VeeraFriend
I am trying to get this example to work without much luck.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/RCP

I am running into couple of issues.

1. The project org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.rcp.comics wont compile. The error says
Description Resource Path Location Type
Bundle 'org.eclipse.ui' cannot be resolved MANIFEST.MF /org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.rcp.comics/META-INF line 6 Plug-in Problem

2. How do I launch the ComicsExampleDBSetup launch configuration
in the org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.setup project.
I do not see anything in the console.

It is little frustrating that there is not much documentation or tutorial that explains how to get Eclipse Link to work with RCP.
Re: EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/RCP [message #640961 is a reply to message #640086] Tue, 23 November 2010 17:09 Go to previous message
Shaun Smith is currently offline Shaun SmithFriend
The example you're looking at is out of date and marked as deprecated. The more recent, and I just confirmed working with 2.1.1, example is here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/OSGi/LazyLoadin gRCP.

That said, I think the problem you had with the missing org.eclipse.ui is because your target platform only contains the EclipseLink bundles and not the RCP bundles. I've adjusted the instructions on the new example page to cover this.

--Shaun
Previous Topic:IntegrityConstraintViolationException when merging new entity in derby
Next Topic:ManyToMany bidirectional deletion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:03:56 GMT 2024