Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Menu with Unity Desktop(Menu missing)
icon5.gif  Menu with Unity Desktop [message #639713] Wed, 17 November 2010 15:04 Go to next message
Albert Pikus is currently offline Albert PikusFriend
Hi,

when using Ubuntu Netbook edition with new Unity desktop interface, there are problems with the application menus.

Unity desktop features menu similar to Mac OS X, which is always present on top of the desktop. When I run my application (using pure SWT, no JFace) on Unity desktop, menu is not present inside application window and neither in the OS menu bar.

This problem will get even worse once Canonical includes this desktop-wide menu in standard desktop edition of Ubuntu (scheduled for the 11.04 release).

I would like to know if there are any plans for SWT to support new menu with Unity.

Thank you for your answers, best regards,

Albert

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2010 15:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Menu with Unity Desktop [message #639932 is a reply to message #639713] Thu, 18 November 2010 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

I did a quick search in bugzilla and didn't find a bug request for this. Can you please open a bug under SWT so that it can be investigated? https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Platform &component=SWT

Thanks,

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: Menu with Unity Desktop [message #639940 is a reply to message #639932] Thu, 18 November 2010 13:35 Go to previous message
Albert Pikus is currently offline Albert PikusFriend
Thank you for you answer, I reported a bug against SWT a few minutes ago: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=330563

Best regards,

Albert
Previous Topic:FileDialog and setFilterPath - bug or feature?
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Setting limit to Sash position doesn't work on Mac OS X
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:23:59 GMT 2024