Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » How to track feature / plugin dependencies with director?
How to track feature / plugin dependencies with director? [message #636692] Tue, 02 November 2010 13:32
Michael Breu is currently offline Michael BreuFriend
Hello,

I'm about to create an RCP product with director. It get's it input from a local repository, but also needs (due to cross-plattform dependencies) some stuff from the http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo repository.

The problem is, that it creates a RCP product with much more dependencies (e.g. to org.eclipse.jdt.debug, or org.eclipse.jdt.junit) compared to a simple "Export product" in eclipse.

Two questions:

1. Is there some tool or a debug option to find out, why director is including these extra plugins (e.g. like the plugin dependency view in the eclipse IDE)?

2. for cross-plattform support I need the delta-pack. I have downloaded it, and included it in the target platform: However to include it also in the director I would need a local "delta-pack update site". How can I create such a site?
    This would make problem solving much easier, because I would not need to reference the complete galileo update site.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 November 2010 16:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:artifacts not downloaded
Next Topic:Remote delta pack?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 21:13:22 GMT 2024