Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] transformation generated automatically
[ATL] transformation generated automatically [message #635468] Tue, 26 October 2010 23:39 Go to next message
Nio  is currently offline Nio Friend
Given a model ATL (and not the file .atl), is there an automatic method to generate the ATL file (HOT) to generate the model in input?

Schematically:

- Input: a model ATL conform to ATL metamodel
- Output: HOT (file .atl) to generate the model in input.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 October 2010 23:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ATL] transformation generated automatically [message #635531 is a reply to message #635468] Wed, 27 October 2010 09:09 Go to previous message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
One year ago, I created a second degree HOT that is able to take as input a meta-model and produces as ouput a meta-model dependant HOT that is itself able to take as input a model conforming to the meta-model and produces as output an ATL transformation that "statically" creates the model.

You get an entry point rule with the creation of all the elements and their relations.

Of course you can use that mechanism on ATL itself (that's what I did to get the second degree HOT btw, it was a query before that).

Sadly, I don't think I'm allowed to publish that. But if you communicate your ATL code, I could publish the result.
Previous Topic:[ATL] Use Java method in ATL
Next Topic:[ATL] How use UML Primtives Types in Target Model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:00:48 GMT 2024