Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » UML Profile for CORBA and CORBA Components(Problem Installing the CCM profile in Eclipse)
UML Profile for CORBA and CORBA Components [message #634120] Wed, 20 October 2010 15:06 Go to next message
Hendrik is currently offline HendrikFriend
Hello,

I'm working on a CORBA Component based project and was very delighted about Papyrus' capability to deal with the UML CMM profile. So I installed the latest eclipse version and the Papyrus plugin (via the update function). After that I tried to install the UML Profile for CORBA and CORBA Components via " http://www.papyrusuml.org/home/liblocal/docs/updates/papyrus -extensions", but I got this mysterious error message:
"Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: UML Profile for CORBA and CORBA Components (ptc/2007-05-03 rev. June 2007) 1.0.5 (com.cea.papyrus.uml4ccm.feature.group 1.0.5)
Missing requirement: UML Profile for CORBA and CORBA Components (ptc/2007-05-03 rev. June 2007) 1.0.5 (com.cea.papyrus.uml4ccm.feature.group 1.0.5) requires 'com.cea.papyrus.extensionpoints.uml2 1.5.0' but it could not be found".
What else do I need to install, and where can I find it?

Thanks in advance
Hendrik
Re: UML Profile for CORBA and CORBA Components [message #634147 is a reply to message #634120] Wed, 20 October 2010 15:57 Go to previous message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hello Hendrik,

Unfortunately, you are looking to a component which was only present in the old version of Papyrus, as it was not an Eclipse project.
This profile has not been migrated yet to the new Papyrus Eclipse project, as we had no demand for it. The extension points have been modified or removed since these time.

You can still use it with the old version of Papyrus 1.12, downloadable from papyrusuml.org. The profile should install on it. But you won't have the benefit of the work made by the Eclipse Papyrus project team since now Wink

Regards,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:working with gmfgen in papyrus, and doubts about sysml profile
Next Topic:How I can add an interface to a UML profile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 14:17:23 GMT 2024