Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Problem in finding external library
Problem in finding external library [message #633633] Mon, 18 October 2010 15:29 Go to next message
Michel Simeon is currently offline Michel SimeonFriend
My problem is as follows:

I am developing an application in the form of a number of plugins.

In one on those, I have a package called "something.odfdom" that includes a file ODFSpreadsheet_IO.java. That file includes methods to connect to an OpenOffice ods (streadsheet) file, get the worksheet of a given name and extract the data corresponding to a given named range.

The package makes use of some external jar files (odfdom.jar and xercesImpl.jar). Those files are on the Java Build Path of the plug-in project.

The ODFSpreadsheet_IO.java includes a main method for testing. It runs properly as a java application.

Then I tried to use the package from an other one in the same plugin. It does not work, it cannot find the odfdom classes. The same happens if I try to export the plugin project.

I am new to Eclipse and suspect something is missing in the configuration.

Please help

MS

Re: Problem in finding external library [message #634144 is a reply to message #633633] Wed, 20 October 2010 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomasz Zarna is currently offline Tomasz ZarnaFriend
Add the external jar on Runtime tab in MANIFEST.MF editor of your plugin. Use "Classpath" section on that tab to do this. When done, feel free to remove the library from the Java Build Path you probably set in project properties.

Cheers
Re: Problem in finding external library [message #634306 is a reply to message #634144] Thu, 21 October 2010 08:49 Go to previous message
Michel Simeon is currently offline Michel SimeonFriend
Thanks.

I got it to work by putting the external jars in my plugin project under a lib folder and then doing as you said.

MS
Previous Topic:Why can't I pull in org.eclipse.ui.workbench to my MANIFEST file?
Next Topic:Cut and Paste Keys in Dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:54:18 GMT 2024