Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Build a project when another is closed
Build a project when another is closed [message #632338] Tue, 12 October 2010 15:46 Go to next message
Cyril Chéné is currently offline Cyril ChénéFriend
Hi

I have my own builder (extends IncrementalProjectBuilder) that uses the project references described in the .project files.

I want to show an error on a project whenever a referenced project is missing / closed / deleted / etc.

At first my builder was not invoked when a required project was closed.

I found that using the forgetLastBuiltState() method made the platform call my builder. But doing this, my builder is invoked too often : when the .project file of a single project is modified, all the projects of the workspace are rebuilt with the FULL_BUILD kind.

Is it the "good" way to achieve this ? Does anybody know another way ?

Cyril
Re: Build a project when another is closed [message #633690 is a reply to message #632338] Mon, 18 October 2010 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
The trick is to mind what projects you return from IncrementalProjectBuilder.build call. Make sure that you return all projects you want to notified about.

- Konstantin
Re: Build a project when another is closed [message #641443 is a reply to message #633690] Thu, 25 November 2010 13:53 Go to previous message
Cyril Chéné is currently offline Cyril ChénéFriend
My build method now returns :
getProject().getReferencedProjects();.

Works well !
Thanks for this answer.
Previous Topic:visible tabs
Next Topic:Unable to compile class for JSP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:01:01 GMT 2024