Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » working with gmfgen in papyrus, and doubts about sysml profile
working with gmfgen in papyrus, and doubts about sysml profile [message #631932] Sun, 10 October 2010 20:02 Go to next message
Andres  is currently offline Andres Friend
Hello, i am studing the sysml profile plugin, to use it like a guide to make my own profile editor.

the plugin org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml, has a folder called model, and it contains the ecore files, SysML.profile.uml, and sysml.genmodel. my question is about this file(sysm.genmodel),
how can i generate this from my profile.uml un papyrus?

the developers of sysml papyrus plugin, works with gmf, and from the sysml.gmfgraph, .gmftool, and gmfmap, they generated this genmodel?...
if this happen, where i can download de gmf files used in sysml plugin?..

other question, for exaMPLE if i open a uml file with the papyrus umleditor, if i click rigth button, in the context menu appear an Payrus GMFgen Tools option, but always the list of options are disabled..how can i use it?

Andres
Re: working with gmfgen in papyrus, and doubts about sysml profile [message #634011 is a reply to message #631932] Wed, 20 October 2010 09:20 Go to previous message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi andres,

the plugin org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml, has a folder called model, and it contains the ecore files, SysML.profile.uml, and sysml.genmodel. my question is about this file(sysm.genmodel),
how can i generate this from my profile.uml un papyrus?

> the sysml.genmodel is not for the gmf diagrams. This is a file needed by EMF to generate the interfaces to manipulate the SysML elements. In fact, there are 2 manners to deal with profiles in the EMF implementation:
* the standard one, with files called xxx.profile.uml.
* the static profiles, which allows to define specific code for the profile. For example, the resolution of the derived properties.
Sysml profile proposed by the papyrus project is a static profile, with an ecore model, and some code generated for this profile. You should find some documentation about static profiles in the Eclipse UML2 project.

the developers of sysml papyrus plugin, works with gmf, and from the sysml.gmfgraph, .gmftool, and gmfmap, they generated this genmodel?...
if this happen, where i can download de gmf files used in sysml plugin?..

> For the sysml diagrams, you will find everything you need in the plugins called:org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml.diagram.blockdefinition
org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml.diagram.common
org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml.diagram.internalblock
org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml.diagram.parametric
org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml.diagram.requirement
There, the specific SysML diagrams are defined.

other question, for exaMPLE if i open a uml file with the papyrus umleditor, if i click rigth button, in the context menu appear an Payrus GMFgen Tools option, but always the list of options are disabled..how can i use it?
> the actions here should be only visible in the gmfgen files, during Papyrus GMF diagrams development.

Regards
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:Generalization strange behaviour
Next Topic:UML Profile for CORBA and CORBA Components
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:02:34 GMT 2024