Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink 2.1.1 / Problem with @ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)(EclipseLink 2.1.1 / Problem with @ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY))
EclipseLink 2.1.1 / Problem with @ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY) [message #631242] Wed, 06 October 2010 16:26 Go to next message
Martin Weiss is currently offline Martin WeissFriend
In my sample EntityManager.find() loads Person Entity although I set the fetch type to lazy:

@ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
@JoinColumn(name = "PERSON_ID")
private Person person;

Why ? My expection is that EclipseLinks reads the db row during getPerson() invocation.
Many thanks,
Martin
Re: EclipseLink 2.1.1 / Problem with @ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY) [message #631295 is a reply to message #631242] Wed, 06 October 2010 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Eugelink is currently offline Tom EugelinkFriend
Have you either specified the -javaagent option when starting Java (dynamic weaving) or postprocessed the classes (static weaving)? This puts in a decoupling layer on the variables which allows for lazy loading.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_EclipseLink_JPA_Extensions_ (ELUG)#How_to_Configure_Dynamic_Weaving_for_JPA_Entities_Usi ng_the_EclipseLink_Agent

Tom

On 6-10-2010 18:26, Martin Weiss wrote:
> In my sample EntityManager.find() loads Person Entity although I set the fetch type to lazy:
>
> @ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
> @JoinColumn(name = "PERSON_ID")
> private Person person;
>
> Why ? My expection is that EclipseLinks reads the db row during getPerson() invocation.
> Many thanks,
> Martin
Re: EclipseLink 2.1.1 / Problem with @ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY) [message #631356 is a reply to message #631295] Thu, 07 October 2010 08:37 Go to previous message
Martin Weiss is currently offline Martin WeissFriend
Hi Tom,
many thanks for your answer. Lazy loading of JPA entities works perfectly for me when deploying to the JEE application server. However, when I am testing with JUnit in Eclipse, lazy loading is not enabled. I added -javaagent:eclipselink.jar to the JUnit configuration (program arguments). Any other ideas ?
Regards,
Martin
Previous Topic:JPQL where condition problem
Next Topic:OneToOne mapping on same table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:52:41 GMT 2024