Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » How to ignore an incoming change or add in sync view?
How to ignore an incoming change or add in sync view? [message #628683] Thu, 23 September 2010 16:38 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
Using Helios and Subversive 0.7.9.

I've started a merge, and I'm in the synchronize view. There are some files that were added to the branch I'm merging from, and some files that were changed in the branch that I'm merging from, both of which I want to not include in the resulting merge.

The doc for the synchronize view doesn't really tell me what I need, and it doesn't appear to even be up to date: http:// www.eclipse.org/subversive/documentation/teamSupport/workspa ce_synch.php (for instance, there is a "Override and commit..." option mentioned, but that's not present in my popup menu).

I've tried several options that seemed reasonable, but I'm not sure what they did.

For example, I have one file that got merged from the branch I'm merging from, but I don't want to add it, I want to ignore it. When I right-click it, the only option that seems to come close is "Delete". This isn't even mentioned in the doc. The file currently has the "conflict_add" icon, although I think the fact that it thinks there is a conflict is a current bug in 0.7.9. This file is not present in the local copy, so I don't see how it could be a conflict. I've seen this issue with false positive conflicts (and read about it) for a while.

So, I tried selecting "Delete" from the popup menu. It did ... nothing. Absolutely no change anywhere, that I can see.
Re: How to ignore an incoming change or add in sync view? [message #631890 is a reply to message #628683] Sun, 10 October 2010 07:04 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hi,

First of all I would recommend you to update your Subversive version to the latest one (if you still didn't do it), because previous Subversive builds contains an issue which prevents Merge View from normal functioning.
Then, while merging, you will have two options:
1) if there is a "Tree conflict" then use "resolve tree conflict" menu item
2) if there is a normal addition, then just delete corresponding file
Previous Topic:HowTo install Subversive Headless?
Next Topic:Information about update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:43:56 GMT 2024