Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » Installation seems onerous
Installation seems onerous [message #624882] Mon, 28 September 2009 18:04 Go to next message
Vinay  is currently offline Vinay Friend
Hi,

I've spent most of my working hours trying to install UML2Tools on Galileo. Here is what I've tried:

1)Updating via software updater

Entire MDT/modeling option
Just the couple of UML2 tools option

2) Downloaded UML2Tools 0.9 along with all the build dependencies separately. I downloaded all their all-in-one update sites, with good attention to versions.

Tried by putting them in the plugins and features folders
Put them in the dropins folder with a couple of legal layouts

I tried every option with a fresh copy of eclipse. Also used the -clean option. Easy to guess, none worked.

Are there any other installation routes? The plugins directory and the dropins directory installation did not pop up any error. However, the software update failed with different erros, the most common one being:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.pha ses.Collect, operand=, action=).

It also said some artifacts were missing.

Any help?

Thanks a lot,
Vinay.
P.S: Google results indicated this error could be coz of the eclipse site updating itself, however, I've been trying all day.
Re: Installation seems onerous [message #624883 is a reply to message #624882] Mon, 28 September 2009 20:25 Go to previous message
Vinay  is currently offline Vinay Friend
phew!

Was able to get it working finally. Hope this could be of help if anyone's facing the same issue.

Problem seems to be with the eclipse update website, what I did to solve should probably be the last resort, however, it works.

Download UML2Tools and all its build dependencies(except the first one, Eclipse gtk 200906111540) from here: http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?project=uml2t ools

Disable the internet connection. This is what helped me. With every update eclipse looks up the update website. It was problematic.

Install the components locally using the zip file

For Eclipse Galileo: Help > Install new software> add button > archive

browse to the respective zip file which you want to install. You will have to figure out the order by trial and error. I think this is the order that worked for me:

emf-query-Update-1.3.0.zip
emf-validation-Update-1.3.1.zip
emf-xsd-Update-2.5.0.zip
gmf-gmf-Update-2.2.1.zip
m2m-qvtoml-Update-2.0.1.zip
GEF-Update-3.5.1.zip
mdt-uml2-Update-3.0.1.zip
mdt-ocl-Update-1.3.0.zip
mdt-uml2tools-Update-incubation-0.9.0.zip
emf-transaction-Update-1.3.1.zip: This proved problematic to me. I installed it by deselecting the first two options for EMF Data Integrity Layer.

I did not restart eclipse after each installation, just used the 'apply changes' option and restarted eclipse after the last installation i.e UML2TOOLS.

m2c,
Vinay Binny.

P.S: Eclipse's severs are acting a bit strange, not sure if it is an anomaly.
Previous Topic:Installation seems onerous
Next Topic:Problem adding event/trigger description to state machine transition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:04:49 GMT 2024