Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » After "Create association to..." the propery disappears
After "Create association to..." the propery disappears [message #624834] Sat, 12 September 2009 20:18 Go to next message
Ventzy Missing name is currently offline Ventzy Missing nameFriend
In class diagram I am creating classes A and B. Then property in A like this: "b: B". Now in context menu of the property i have "Create association to..." item. If executed it creates correct association and hides property b from class A. Why is that? How can I prevent it? I want property b to be visible in A.
Re: After "Create association to..." the propery disappears [message #624877 is a reply to message #624834] Thu, 24 September 2009 12:45 Go to previous message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Hello Ventzy ,

There is an explanation of such behavior:

"Create association to..." action creates an association and the selected Property becomes a member end of the newly created associtation. After that the Property will be shown on the diagram as a Source or Target End of the Association. There is no need to show the Property twice - as a Property of a Class and as a Member and of an Association, therefore property on the class 'dissapears'

Best wishes,
Tanya.
Previous Topic:After "Create association to..." the propery disappears
Next Topic:UML elements already stereotyped in the palette to drag and drop onto the editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 21:37:20 GMT 2024