Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Discovering cheatsheet command serialization parameters
Discovering cheatsheet command serialization parameters [message #623819] Wed, 23 December 2009 23:21 Go to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hi,

A really basic question here, but I can't figure out how or even if I can specify additional parameters for a given particular command or how even to inspect the command underlying it. Or is it always the case that a command only takes the parameters that show up in the cheat sheet browse dialog?

For example, I'd think that org.eclipse.team.cvs.ui.addLocation would take a parameter to specify the location, but it doesn't, and I'd like to see how it's implemented.

As a related question (and another way to solve the same issue) I couldn't find a command to enter arbitrary text into the focussed widget. Is there such a thing?

thanks again,

Miles
Re: Discovering cheatsheet command serialization parameters [message #623820 is a reply to message #623819] Thu, 24 December 2009 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
The cheat sheet editor can handle the command serialization for you.

If you are using the Eclipse SDK File/New/Other/User Assistance/ Cheat Sheet will take you into the editor or you can just open a cheat sheet by double clicking on it.

Then select an item and click the Browse button in the "Command" section in the bottom right of the editor.
Re: Discovering cheatsheet command serialization parameters [message #623821 is a reply to message #623820] Thu, 24 December 2009 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
thanks, Chris.

Yep, I was just wondering if there is a path to getting documentation about what the parameters are for a particular command, where it is implemented and so on similar to the extension points references. I guess I was remembering wrong but I thought that some of these commands could take additional parameters in some cases.

Any ideas on how to enter text for help content using the command framework?
Re: Discovering cheatsheet command serialization parameters [message #623827 is a reply to message #623821] Mon, 28 December 2009 13:35 Go to previous message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
Miles Parker wrote on Thu, 24 December 2009 15:15
> Any ideas on how to enter text for help content using the command framework?

The only way I know how to create help content which uses commands is to cut and paste an existing command link and change the parameters.
Previous Topic:Referencing Cheat Sheets from Eclipse Docs
Next Topic:Standalone help - how to find the .toc files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:13:05 GMT 2024