Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JavaServer Faces » What's the state of Facelets support in Helios?
What's the state of Facelets support in Helios? [message #621243] Mon, 24 May 2010 09:03 Go to next message
henk is currently offline henkFriend
When WTP M6 was released, I read in the new & noteworthy that basic Facelet support was now included in the main WTP distribution:

Quote:
> This milestone also has basic support for source-level editing of Facelet XHTML view files in the Web Page Editor(WPE).

Today I downloaded Eclipse for Java EE developers RC1 (eclipse-jee-helios-RC1) and tried to open a Facelets .xhtml file in an existing (imported) project that has the Dynamic Web Module and JavaServer Faces facets.

The xhtml file was initially opened with just the html editor, which of course gave me no editing support whatsoever. I then opened the file explicitly with the Web Page Editor, which worked but unpleasantly surprised me by also giving me no support at all. There is no content assist or autocompletion, and I can't navigate into anything pointed at by EL.

Is this what is meant with "basic" support, or is autocompletion and EL navigation supposed to be working?
Re: What's the state of Facelets support in Helios? [message #621244 is a reply to message #621243] Mon, 24 May 2010 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did a little digging, but it seems there has been very little activity on Facelets support. If I take a look at this list:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advan ced;component=wtp.inc.facelets

Then most of the tickets have last been commented on in 2008 and are still open. For instance "Support for Facelets" (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=198723) has not been updated since 2008. Same for "Method expression hyperlinking does not work in XHTML" (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=252241), which seems to me a fundamental thing for an editor to support, is still open and has been since 2008 again.

Nevertheless, there does seem to be activity related to Facelets, as witnessed by this bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=309488

If I read a little between the lines, it seems I must copy a JSF 2.0 implementation to my WEB-INF/lib?

My project is a JSF 1.2 project, with the standalone Facelets jars in WEB-INF/lib. Isn't such a project supported maybe? I would at least have thought that the editor would give me some errors somewhere, but instead my .xhtml page was simply displayed as xml, without any errors or validation markers.

I also tried creating a new project and choose JSF 2.0 (although I did not add the implementation libs to my project). Again there were no errors or warnings and my test .xhtml page was opened and displayed as if it was just a normal xml file.
Re: What's the state of Facelets support in Helios? [message #621245 is a reply to message #621243] Thu, 27 May 2010 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys, is this really such a difficult question?
Re: What's the state of Facelets support in Helios? [message #621246 is a reply to message #621243] Fri, 04 June 2010 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does really nobody knows about this status?

Helios is not far from it's final release and it's unknown what the status of Facelets support is?
Re: What's the state of Facelets support in Helios? [message #621708 is a reply to message #621246] Sat, 05 June 2010 03:19 Go to previous message
Yury Kats is currently offline Yury KatsFriend
On 6/4/2010 5:51 PM, henk wrote:
> Does really nobody knows about this status?
>
> Helios is not far from it's final release and it's unknown what the status of Facelets support is?

Facelets are supported in Helios for JSF2 applications.
Previous Topic:Content Assist 100% cpu
Next Topic:XHTML formatter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:58:21 GMT 2024